It’s Mardi Gras in New Orleans, so you know what that means. It’s time for the 4th Annual NOLA Eats King Cake Tasting Party! Come out and taste more sugary pastries than you can shake a scepter at, enjoy hot coffee, cold adult beverages, entertainment and fabulous prize giveaways!
General Admission Tickets are $10. Tickets will be sold at the door IF we do not sell out before. FYI, we unfortunately had to turn away quite a few people at the door at last year’s event. Click here to purchase tickets.
Our Special Guest Judges for 2012 are:
Thomas “The Leg” Morstead, #6 of the New Orleans Saints
Liz Williams, President and Director of the Southern Food & Beverage Museum
Special entertainment this year will include:
- Live performance by soul singer Robin Barnes
- A screening of the newest installment of the comedic, yet inedible tragedy that is Ragusa’s King Cakes, with appearances by Larry Ragusa and family. Not familiar with New Orleans independent filmmaker David White‘s faux pastry family? Start here and then go here.
- Live internet radio broadcast by LoisirsLit hosts Wes Watts, Cortney Glover & Molly Brunkow
- DJ Black Pearl 504 spinning tunes to help you shake off that sugar high
- Photography by Frank Aymami
Also, we’ll have lots of prizes from local businesses to be given away such as:
- A coordinating king cake necklace and earring set from local artist Tressa Procter-King of Flambeaux Design Company - Twitter | Facebook
- A gift certificate from local artists Inexplicable Confetti – Twitter | Facebook
- A slice of “king cake” soap by Baton Rouge’s Handmade at Homestead – Twitter | Facebook
- A gift certificate from super duper recycled fashion destination Buffalo Exchange – Twitter | Facebook
- A gift certificate from Mid-City eatery Olive Branch Café - Facebook
- A gift certificate from Uptown boutique Armoire - Twitter | Facebook
- A gift certificate to Fairy NOLA Boutique – Facebook
- A gift certificate to Katie Malone Studio – Facebook
Many of the cakes you will enjoy:
Special thanks to our partners & sponsors:
For press/media inquiries, please email Leslie: Les@LeslieAlmeida.com